Schaeffer Electric Company is looking to hire a new Estimator. This position requires a self-motivated individual who brings a strong work ethic and is results driven.
Perform take-offs, formulation of proposals and final bidding of all types of construction including but not limited to hospitals, schools, industrial facilities, and commercial buildings.
- 3 plus years’ experience in the electrical industry.
- College degree preferred or experience in industry
- Possess superior skills in computer estimating and spreadsheet programs such as McCormick.
- Proven background with RFIs, Cost estimates hard bids, negotiating, material take-offs, and reading blue prints.
- Ability to layout branch circuiting; to read and understand contract documents, drawings and specifications.
- Have an understanding of general electrical design and engineering concepts and have an overall general knowledge of electrical material costs.
- Procure subcontractors, based on pre-determined requirements, to manage through completion of construction.
- Collaborates with construction team to prepare, review and monitor information and reports related to all costs involved in developing the budget for the project.
- Manage sub-contractor relationship, which includes, but not limited to, initial scope and proposal review, developing final proposal based upon agreed scope of work.
- Develop plan to comply with, and report, Minority Business Entity requirements for the project, as required.
- Collaborate with developer, subcontractors, municipal entity, equipment suppliers, and site specific construction suppliers to develop a timeline for delivery and completion of milestones prior to project start-up.
- Provide a complete document turnover to a project manager.
- Competitive Salary
Please send your prepared resume to Justin Kohlman at email@example.com